Free CDL Pre-Trip Inspection Checklist Preview (Class A)
A complete and proper CDL pre-trip inspection includes over a hundred different items that must be checked prior to operating the commercial vehicle. As many have learned from experience, one of the best ways to study for this portion of the CDL skills test is by using a pre-trip inspection checklist (often called a “pre-trip cheat sheet” or “pre-trip inspection guide”).
Just to give you an idea on some of the inspection points covered, we’ve put together a quick preview of the eGears Class A CDL Pre-Trip Inspection Checklist. This features 4 different areas that must be covered along with just 1 (there are more) point from each area.
Front of Tractor
- Leaks – check for puddles & drips under the engine
- Alternator – no more than 3/4 inch of play in belts
- Shock Absorber – securely mount; not bent, dented or leaking
- Slack Adjuster – no more than 1 inch of free play at the push rod with brakes released
To get the complete list of items to identify and conditions to look for during the Class A Pre-Trip Inspection, just click here or on the graphic in this post. Don’t forget to enter promo code “BLOG” during checkout to Save 10%.
- Need A Class A CDL Pre-Trip Inspection Checklist Guide? Before a truck driver leaves for a new destination, he has to make sure the parts of his carrier are...